Are you feeling a little blah about your home? Sometimes, after a few years, your “dream home” becomes a little less “dreamy”. Use these tips to get a “new” home without a new mortgage!
It’s the little things
Giving your home a facelift doesn’t always involve spending your life savings. Do these little things to freshen up your living space for a few hundred dollars or less.
- Painting walls
- Changing light fixtures or knobs
- Adding a few plants or new curtains
- Rearranging furniture, artwork, or other trinkets
Feeling claustrophobic? Converting an unfinished attic or basement is always a great way to gain some extra space at a much smaller cost than a building an addition. Adding a deck is another simple way to increase your space. Remember! If you are hiring a contractor, check their history on Better Business Bureau and get multiple quotes.
Make the Most of It
If you don’t have an attic or basement to fix up, try these simple, inexpensive tips to create the illusion of more space.
- Clean, throw away, donate or sell anything you don’t need.
- Buy organizational shelves and hooks or furniture that provides extra storage space, such as a coffee table or bedframe with drawers.
- Hire a professional organizer to get a fresh pair of eyes on your living space.